Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Murder, murder, murder she wrote...Spotlight: Frank Ocean

I know most people will read this and say, "She is soo late." And I am, I admit it, but its your fault for not putting me on lol. I kid I kid.


Well I have a new music crush on Frank Ocean. His mixtape is one I can listen to straight through, and I can't say that about many other artists.  His voice, the beats, *deep sigh* I can't get enough.  The vibe he gives off is pretty straight, could see myself blasting this in my imaginary car wherever, whenever.  I also like that it seems like he is really speaking his mind, I respect it.  Tell me ten other R&B/Soul (?-don't really wanna give him a genre)* singers who do that...

Don't worry I'll wait.

He's apart of a group called OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)...yeah, strange name I know.  I know of dude Tyler from that group, haven't heard his music (yet) but his gap is adorable. Syd the Kyd (producer) is pretty cool too, read an article about her the other day.

So download the mixtape Nostalgia/Ultra and give him a listen, he's dope, and with songs like "lovecrimes," "nature feels" and "swim good,"(and of course the single "Novacane") I put money on it that he'll be around for a while.


*Edit: Alternative hip-hop, yeah I got it from Wikipedia :P*

No comments:

Post a Comment